Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hale Happenings

I've been tucking away little tidbits to write about. A day at the beach with friends I haven't seen in much too long - Renee enjoyed sitting in a beach chair just her size and Lydia loved the oreo cookies...Renee's exploration into art - using her face as the canvas and white out as her medium...Lydia pushing her walking toy across the living room like its no big deal...Renee's adenoid removal and ear tube insertion - she's a brave girl and made her mommy and daddy proud but then again we are always proud of our girls.

I really don't need to go back into the archives of my memory to be entertained by my children. Tonight provided enough interest all by itself. Jeff made supper, such a treat, when he cooks the food just tastes better! I asked Renee if Daddy should cook every night, she said "yes!" Jeff asked her if mommy should do the dishes, she said "no!" That's my girl! I went to the kitchen to check the damage - Jeff is a good cook but the collateral damage is extensive. Renee volunteered to help, dragging a chair behind her. I got her situated with some running water and went to check on Lydia. Then I made the mistake of sitting down. When I made it back to the kitchen Renee had worked her way through half a bottle of dish soap and scrubbed a bell pepper clean. The jalapeno that had been on the counter was missing.  By the way, both peppers were grocery cart additions that Jeff and I both assumed the other had picked up...Renee must have thought we needed them. So I cleaned up Renee, did dishes, recovered the jalapeno and was quite happy to discover there weren't any tooth marks in it - although I think we all would have heard about it if Renee had taken a bite! While I washed she came back to help again and climbed up on the counter to help herself to a banana. She picked it up saying, "I got you banana, I got you." I couldn't tell if it was a proclamation of victory or an attempt to reassure the banana. She continued to tell the banana "I got you" as she peeled it and discarded it. She ended the night by climbing out of bed saying "potty". That's one request I'm not inclined to deny. She hasn't had a success yet and we haven't yet officially started potty training but she has been initiating and wants to sit on the big potty and then the little potty. I'm sure there will be more to come on potty training!

And now a few pictures...




No comments:

Post a Comment