Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A most lovely Monday

Monday was truly a lovely day. As my sister said when I told her about my day, I nurtured my inner introvert. I had to go out of town for a meeting and since I also had an out of town conference the next day work provided me with a hotel room. My meeting on Monday ended early and I had an entire afternoon and evening to do as I pleased. I first went to the mall and was quickly reminded why I shop at Marshalls...$78 for a t-shirt!!! You have got to be kidding, I looked it over very carefully but nope...nothing special about it, just a t-shirt as far as I could tell. It's been awhile since I've been to a classy department store as you might guess. I did find a few sales but quickly tired of the crowds and decided on a pedicure. I pulled out my kindle and engrossed myself in a novel in hopes that the technician wouldn't talk. She didn't and I tipped her well for her silence. I headed to the hotel, took a 2 hour nap and then decided to venture out to find dinner and maybe give shopping another try. I got as far as the lobby, glanced at the deserted hotel restaurant and decided that was the perfect place for dinner. It was. I ate in peace and neither I nor anyone else spilled food on me or wiped their hands or mouths on my clothes. The evening consisted of reading, sleeping, and watching tv without interruptions. I even got to say more than a "hello, i need some help here" to God. It was a most lovely day. The conference the next day was good and when I got home my girls were very happy to see me but I think I was more happy to see them. A day away was awfully nice but so was coming home.

Being away means catching up on laundry and cleaning upon returning. Tonight Renee brought me the broom and said, "help me." When your 2 year old notices the house needs to be cleaned, its time to clean! So tomorrow between working at home and taking care of the children I'll be trying to catch up on laundry and make sense of the chaos that is home. Home is a nice place to be.


1 comment:

  1. having a little break to yourself every once in a while...even if it is just for a few hours is necessary. it will keep you sane. as much as i love your nephew/godson, i cherish thursday evenings when he's with his dad and i can have a night for myself. glad you got some time off and i hope your conference went well. it definitely does sound as though it was quite a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete