Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Barrista Renee

As a few days have passed since this first picture was taken the title for this post has changed several times...Renee's Bright Idea...Breakfast Bedlam...but I settled on Barrista Renee. Breakfast is not a formal affair in my house. The goal is to get enough food into two little tummies for the littlest one to take a good long nap (preferably her usual 3 hours) and for the big one to be able to play happily until lunch. Our routine of bath time after breakfast is proof that the only goal is food consumption, the how, where, and what are lesser matters. So on this particular morning, Renee was eating her breakfast, chocolate cheerios, while standing on a chair at the kitchen counter. I actually thought it was a pretty good idea, easier clean up than the carpet in the dining room. Renee began to eat and I left her to check on Lydia when I came back this (picture above) is what I found. She had added her cheerios to the half inch of coffee left from the previous morning. And that is where the title "Renee's Bright Idea" came from. As soon as she took a bite she quickly switched my bowl of cheerios for the coffee pot. So she ate mine with milk and I ate out of the coffee pot, saved me some time, on a busy morning coffee in the cereal is not a bad idea at all.

This evening I was brewing a pot of coffee (decaf for anyone that is concerned) while Renee helped me do dishes. The scary part of this story is that I had no idea she was messing with the coffee pot only two feet away from me. When we were done I noticed the coffee had strange floaters in it. I looked closer and found that the orange slices I had congratulated Renee for finishing were in the coffee pot. My little barrista once again had a pretty good idea. The orange infused coffee that I'm drinking as I type is quite good.

And now for "Breakfast Bedlam". Lydia has been reaching for her cereal bowl and grabbing the spoon on the way to her mouth. In the interest of encouraging her new sense of exploration I gave her the bowl when she was mostly done eating. Oh my did she have fun! By the way, this is why bath time comes after breakfast.



Big sister wanted to see what the fuss was about. She got a little bit of cereal on her fingertip and was quite unhappy about it. All I heard was "uh-oh, uh-oh, uh-oh." In a very disgruntled tone. That's ok, Lydia made enough mess for both of them and Renee was quite happy that I put her in the bathtub to get cleaned off.



2 comments: