Friday, April 20, 2012

My Mommy Heart

This morning I held a child while silent tears ran down her face. She was the same age and size as one of my daughters and she cuddled into me the same way. My mommy heart broke and re-broke several times while I held her.

When I got home my little girls mended my heart. We went out to eat at our favorite restaurant, Renee discovered that she likes crab dip. I had one of those moments where you realize that now that you're a mom you can do pretty much anything. While Renee sat on my lap eating my dinner, I also ate my dinner while giving Lydia a bottle. No problem. Renee then did the impossible. While sitting on my lap fully dressed eating her dinner she peed on me! I was wet and she was dry!!! Not possible! Unless you have a monster, and I mean monster diaper wedgie. On the way home she made up a song, "Happy happy, Mommy, Daddy. Happy, happy, Daddy happy, Mommy happy, Lydia happy, Happy, happy." My mommy heart was happy.

As of yesterday Lydia is 8 months old. The view I most often have of her is the top of her head. She wants to stand and pulls up on anything and everything. I don't have to look far for her she is usually attached to my leg. I kind of like it, my daughters are my best accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment