Thursday, September 13, 2012

Lydia's Journey

For awhile now I've been thinking about how I want to process all that Lydia went through in her first six months. Despite our early fears, Lydia is happy and healthy. I started a scrapbook but I am ready for closure  and it isn't coming along fast enough for my taste. So I'm going on a photo journey and you are invited to come along. 
This is the baby that stole my heart in only a moment's time.
This is the baby that my heart wept for when for a moment our journey changed course.
This is the baby that at 4 weeks of age the pediatrician said "I'm so sorry Mrs. Hale" and my heart broke as I held her close and wondered and waited.

This is the baby that friends and family and strangers interceded for.  Across states and countries  a cry went out for her health.  And God heard us.
This is the baby that endured blood draws week after week.  This is the baby that left that one month appointment with four referrals which generated more referrals and more blood draws. This is the baby that worked for every next milestone and grinned and giggled the whole way through.

This is my precious daughter. 




You are treasured...


...you are sacred...


...you are His..


...You're beautiful.
I'm honored to have been blessed with two beautiful girls who amaze me day by day with their ingenuity, intelligence, and joy. There will be more trials but I know now more than ever that as a family and with our God we will make it through together.


2 comments:

  1. my response to Lydia's Journey
    I too cried when I first heard the news that my little Rosebud may have medical problems and to understand how much this news upset me, I was at a painting class and couldn't paint for at least an hour. Anyone who knows me knows that if I'm too upset to paint, I'm really upset. They said she wasn't making eye contact- we proved them wrong, Liddy and I had a conversation from the park all the way home. She looked and smiled and cooed and gooed for the 6 blocks I carried her, holding her so she could look straight at me and respond to me. For the doctor to say she wouldn't be right, someone needs to check him out for disabilities!!!! Not only did she prove him wrong- she went beyond- walking at 9 1/2 months, talking, eating big people food like there's no tomorrow, and just excelling at everything and always with the most enchanting smile! I agree with Mom that both Liddy and Renee are extremely intelligent and exasperatingly creative. I am joyful that they are meeting this world in such difficult times with such energy. I can only pray that they will go through life with a never ending supply, and find each day full of amazement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barb. Your response brought tears to my eyes. This was a journey that we all went on together and even now when we go to the doctor he is absolutely amazed at how well she is doing. And you're right...not only is she healthy, she is excelling!

      Delete