Monday, July 16, 2012

Cousin Slumber Party!

It's a slumber party! Aliza, Josiah, and Anna spent the night with us while Carla and Jeremy were out of town. Five little children in my two bedroom house! I kept reminding myself, Mom had five, she had five children, this is what five feels like!!! Really we had lots of fun. They were all excited about it, Aliza had detailed plans for how the two days were to go, I hope a few of her plans came true. She brought her doll, Chocolate, and its playpen. Renee and Anna hijacked Chocolate's bed, I would never have guessed they could both fit but these little girls were not to be stopped.
We needed to get them out of the house, the adults needed a change of scenery so we went to the park and river. Jeff took the children for kayak rides one at a time. I stayed with the remaining children at the edge of the water and supervised while they waded and played in the water. It was such a hot day that wading turned into swimming and even though they were fully clothed I didn't have the heart to tell them no.

Lydia babysitting Chocolate.

By the time Carla and Jeremy came to pick up their kids we were all happy to see them. Aliza and Josiah weren't ready to leave, I'm glad they had a good time. It was special to spend the time making memories with my nieces and nephews. I managed to feed them, get my work done (it was end of the quarter report time!), and have some fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment